Update: The weather is looking great for Saturday, August 19th so the event is ON! See everyone there!
The Festival of the Wild Child – MMLT’s most popular event – is back this year! This fun-filled family event is taking place at High Lonesome Nature Reserve on Saturday, August 19th (August 20th rain date).
This year’s theme is “Sharing the Wild Life” and we want to share some amazing nature experiences with you and your family. Join us for a variety of activities including scavenger hunts, guided nature walks, and unique workshops.
- Pollinator Path (discovery walk)
- Magical Fairies (scavenger hunt)
- Life in the Pond (activity station)
- We All Live Here (scavenger hunt)
- Tree Identification Tour (guided walk)
- Reading to the Wild Child (guided activity)
- Forests & Fires (learning presentation)
- QR Code Nature Walk (self-guided, interactive)
For full activity descriptions, please click here.
FREE for children and youth under 16 and $10 for adults.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN! Click here (note: you can register in-person on event day as well).
Wild Child t-shirts are available on our online shop for your little hikers. Order before noon on August 18th and we’ll have it ready for you when you arrive at the festival!
There’s parking on site and we will have pizza from the Centennial Restaurant and cold drinks for sale.
Please ensure you check your email, this event webpage, and/or our social media before heading out on event day in case the weather takes a turn and we have to make the call to reschedule the event for the subsequent day, Sunday, August 20th.
- Ensure you bring water, insect repellant, sunscreen, appropriate footwear, and some snacks to take along with you.
- Bring cash if you’re registering onsite, want to buy lunch, or purchase a Wild Child t-shirt or other MMLT merch.
- Please leave your pets at home – the wildlife will thank you!
- Be ready to explore and ask lots of questions!