It’s that time of year again — the air is getting chillier and the leaves are changing colour, which means it’s a perfect time to trek out to cliffLAND to view the stunning fall colours atop Blueberry Mountain!
Join MMLT on Saturday, October 14th (rain date, Oct 15) for our annual Fall Colours Walk at Blueberry Mountain at cliffLAND. Howard Clifford and his family generously host this special day of fundraising each year to support MMLT and the important conservation work that we do in the Mississippi-Madawaska region. Stop by anytime from 10 am to 2 pm to walk the trails, climb to the top of Blueberry Mountain, and immerse yourself in the glorious fall colours at this popular fall destination. They don’t call Blueberry Mountain one of the Seven Wonders of Lanark County for nothing!
Directors and volunteers from MMLT will be onsite throughout the day to answer any and all questions – whether you’re curious about the land trust’s current projects, migratory birds, or rock exposures, we’ll have experts on hand to share their knowledge.
MMLT also invites visitors to pause at the Circle of Gratitude along the Blueberry Mountain trail, which is a series of posts with plaques that commemorate MMLT’s generous and dedicated supporters. During the Walk, Howard Clifford will be making a special presentation from 1:00 pm to 1:30 pm to explain the significance of the Circle of Gratitude, give personal thanks to the listed donors, and sing a memorable ode.
Important details & tips:
- Blueberry Mountain is located at 502 Hills of Peace Rd, Lanark, ON K0G 1K0.
- Parking is available at the start of the trail.
- The trail is 5 km (return) in length, with a gradual climb through forest and beside a waterfall and a short (185 m), steep climb to reach the lookout.
- Light refreshments will be available.
- Dogs on leash are welcome!
- Bring cash! MMLT merchandise will be available & donations will be gratefully accepted at the welcome desk.
- An outhouse-style washroom exists along Blueberry Mountain trail.
- On the Friday before the event, please check the website here and social media for up-to-date information about the weather and the rain date (Oct 15th).
We welcome you to visit any and all of our public trails this fall to take in the spectacular show of colours. Browse our website to view our public properties and start planning your hikes! Please consider making a donation of your choice when you visit to support these properties and MMLT’s ongoing conservation work.