Join us for the annual Festival of the Wild Child at High Lonesome Nature Reserve in Pakenham on August 27.
Our annual Nature themed day is filled with a variety of activities including scavenger hunts, nature walks and workshops that offer families the chance to share creative outdoor discovery and play. It is an affordable day of woodland fun.
Several unique activities have been developed throughout the property. We’ll search for animals that live in the forest and fairies hidden along wooded trails. We’ll learn how to protect and nurture our precious pollinators then walk the trails to discover how the forest becomes stronger after a storm. Together we’ll learn, explore and engage with the natural world in a safe and intriguing environment.
FREE for children or youth under 16 years and $10 for adults.
- Magical Fairies (scavenger hunt)
- We All Live Here (scavenger hunt)
- Life in the Pond (activity station),
- Stories and Songs about Nature (activity station)
- Pollinators Path (discovery walk),
- How Big Storms Create New Forest Habitats (discovery walk)
- Tree Identification (discovery walk)
Festival of the Wild Child T-shirts now available on our Shop! Sorry Adults, these are for kids only! Order before noon on August 26 and we’ll have it ready for you when you arrive at the festival!
NEW! Special Wild Child Online Auction! Our supporters have been so generous that we just had to create an online auction. Wild Child Adults can find something special for themselves, a well deserved date night, or gift for someone else. Browse and Shop!
The Civitan Club of Almonte will be hosting a BBQ just in case you need lunch.
- Ensure you bring water, insect repellant, sunscreen, appropriate footwear, and some snacks to take along with you on this fun-filled day,
- Bring cash if you’re registering onsite, want to buy lunch at the BBQ or purchase a Wild Child shirt or other hiking goodies.
- And of course, be ready to explore, learn from our in-house experts, and make memories