Below is the winning photo from our “Spring Forward, Fall Back” contest. Andrea McCrady captured this shot of Howard Clifford atop Blueberry Mountain in October 2019. Howard has been with MMLT since its incorporation in 2003 and he is currently a member of our Emeritus Council.
Dates: May 1st to May 31st
Theme: “Spring Forward, Fall Back”
This month’s photo contest is asking you to “fall back” on old photos you may have that pertain to MMLT and its history. Search through your records and share a piece of MMLT history with us! This could be photos from past events or property outings, snapshots of MMLT directors, members, and volunteers, historical nature shots at MMLT properties, and more. It could even be a photo of a photo! This contest is open to everyone. Please see below for specific guidelines and points of incentive.
- Email entry to email@example.com
- Can include as many photos as you wish in your submission.
- Photos must relate to MMLT and its history (e.g. events, gatherings of past directors, members, & volunteers, property outings, historical shots of nature at MMLT properties, etc.)
- Photos must have an accompanying short caption including approximate date, location, names of people present, etc.
- Know that submitting your photos to the MMLT photo contest is also giving MMLT permission to share the photos in our newsletter, on social media, and on our website (with due credit of course).
- If possible, please try to obtain photo consent from any individuals in your photo(s). MMLT will assume they have provided their consent for the photo to be publicly shared.
- Winner’s photo will be featured in celebratory content for MMLT’s 20th anniversary, the June newsletter, and in a post on our social media accounts. Runner up photos will also be featured.
- Participant’s name will placed in a pool to win an MMLT product (e.g. box set of cards, 2024 calendar) at the end of the year. Note that an individual’s name can be entered more than once should they wish to participate in more than one MMLT photo contest throughout the year.
- An opportunity to share a piece of history with the MMLT community.
How winners will be chosen:
Photos will be judged by a qualified, external judge. Considerations include: adherence to theme, whether it captures the “heart” of MMLT and our vision, general photo clarity, composition fundamentals, etc.
If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 613-253-2722.