Submission period: Nov 1st to Nov 30th
Theme: Seasons in Transition
Showcase the transformations of nature as summer gives way to autumn or as autumn transitions to winter. There’s such unique beauty in these transitional periods!
This theme opens the door to endless photographic opportunities. You can share your best fall colours photo, a snapshot of a squirrel gathering nuts, a moose feasting on vegetation after the rut season, a close-up of a fungus growing or changing in shape and colour, and much more. Need inspiration? Take a glance at the photos above, captured by MMLT directors, members, and volunteers at our protected properties over the years.
This contest is open to everyone. Please see below for specific guidelines and points of incentive.
- Email entry to email@example.com
- Can include up to 3 photos in one entry
- Photos must be high resolution
- Photos must be at a MMLT property or another natural area in the Mississippi-Madawaska region
- Photos must have an accompanying short caption including approximate date, location, how it relates to the theme, etc.
- Know that submitting your photos to the MMLT photo contest is also giving MMLT permission to share the photos in our newsletter and on social media (with due credit of course).
- We encourage all-natural photos, without human subject matter. If a photo contains an individual, you must have photo consent from them. MMLT will assume they have provided their consent for the photo to be publicly shared.
- Don’t let the fact that you may not have a fancy camera deter you from participating! Great photos can be taken on smartphones and basic digital cameras.
- Be safe! Don’t get too close to wildlife, go off trail, or put yourself in any form of danger to take a photo.
- Winner’s photo will be featured in MMLT’s newsletter and in a social media post. Runner up photos may also be featured.
- If participant’s photo is high enough resolution, it may be included in future MMLT communications or MMLT product (e.g. box set of cards, calendar).
- Participant’s name will placed in a pool to win a gift basket of MMLT-related goodies at the end of the year. Note that an individual’s name can be entered more than once should they wish to participate in more than one MMLT photo contest throughout the year.
- An opportunity to get outdoors to experience, capture, and share the beauty of nature.
How winners will be chosen:
Photos will be judged by a qualified, external judge. Considerations include: adherence to theme, general photo clarity, composition fundamentals, eye-catching/interesting/unique, captures beauty of nature, etc.
If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 613-253-2722.