MMLT has exciting news! We are having a contest – a photo contest to be exact! Let us showcase the beauty of nature that surrounds us all each day.
Our first contest will run from January 6th to February 6th and the theme is “Winter Landscapes”
Why participate you may ask? Well, here are some points of incentive for you:
- Winner’s photo will be featured in MMLT’s newsletter and in a social media post. Runner up photos may also be featured.
- If participant’s photo is taken at an MMLT property and if it is high enough resolution, it may be included in a MMLT box set of card, 2024 calendar, or another form of MMLT product.
- Participant’s name will placed in a pool to win one of the aforementioned products at the end of the year. Note that an individual’s name can be entered more than once should they wish to participate in more than one MMLT photo contest throughout the year.
- It is an excellent opportunity to get outdoors to experience, capture, and share the beauty of nature.
Photo Contest Guidelines:
- Email entry to email@example.com
- Can include up to 3 photos in one entry
- Photos must be high resolution
- Photos must be at a MMLT property or another natural area in the Mississippi-Madawaska region.
- Photos must have an accompanying short caption including approximate date, location, how it relates to the theme, etc.
- Know that submitting your photos to the MMLT photo contest is also giving MMLT permission to share the photos in our newsletter and on social media (with due credit of course).
- We encourage all-natural photos, without human subject matter. If a photo contains an individual, you must have photo consent from them. MMLT will assume they have provided their consent for the photo to be publicly shared.
- Don’t let the fact that you may not have a fancy camera deter you from participating! Great photos can be taken on smartphones and basic digital cameras.
- Be safe! Don’t get too close to wildlife, go off trail, or put yourself in any form of danger to take a photo.
A note: Photos don’t have to be taken in this Jan 6 – Feb 6 time period – it could be from earlier this winter, or last year even. As long as you remember (approximately) when and where it was.
How winners will be chosen:
Photos for each contest will be judged by a qualified, external judge. Considerations include: adherence to theme, general photo clarity, composition fundamentals, eye-catching/interesting/unique, captures beauty of nature, etc.
Any further questions? Don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.